Criollo Latin Kitchen
Criollo Latin Kitchen – Call for Artists
Criollo Latin Kitchen has openings for photographers and painters. Located in historic downtown Flagstaff, and recently voted best overall restaurant in the city, the popular happy hour location is a favorite destination for First Fridays. Artwork should be ready to hang, utilizing our chain and s-hook setup. With several display areas, the size of the works can vary dramatically. Selected artists will be featured for one month, with hangings scheduled the Wednesday before First Friday. Sell originals and/or prints. Artists retain 70% of the sale, while the house receives 30%. Selected artists will also be promoted in the First Friday Artwalk Map, and on the restaurant’s social media accounts. To apply, contact us with the subject line, “Criollo Art” be sure to include a statement about the work you intend to show, and some sample JPGs of the imagery. Learn more about Criollo’s commitment to the arts here.
June 2016 (First Friday is June 3rd)
* Art may not be political, religious, or controversial in any way. No drug references, no nudity, etc. When choosing your art please keep in mind that this is a family friendly restaurant.
* All art must be ready-to-hang. If you are not familiar, our hanging system is comprised of s-hooks and chains.
* Art will be hung by 11am the Wednesday before First Friday.
* Artists set their own prices, with 70% going to the artist, and 30% to the house. Hang tags with title, price, and medium should be provided by the artist.
Questions or comments please contact us.
* South street facing window platform area is 3 panels which are just under 5’ wide and about 4’ tall
* North street facing window front brick wall area is about 9’x4’
* Main interior wall is 7 panels, 5 are 4’x7’ and the two on the far end are 4’x 8’
* The usable space of the back brick wall is about 14’x 8’
* There is hallway gallery space separating the main restaurant from the patio, suitable for prints, posters, and smaller pieces.